Born: Paderno, 31 August 1834
Died: Milan, 16 January 1886
- IL SINDACO BABBEO Group project; Ponchielli wrote the introduction
and one aria. Opera Buffa, libretto by G. Giachetti.
Premiere: Conservatory, Milan, Mar, 1851.
- I PROMESSI SPOSI Melodrama in 4 acts based on the Manzoni
novel, librettist unknown. Premiere: Concordia Theater,
Cremona, Aug. 30, 1856. Revised, libretto by E. Praga,
Premiere: Dal Verme theater, Milan, Dec. 4, 1872.
- BERTRAND DE BORNIO Scheduled to be premiered in Turin in 1858,
has never been performed.
- LA SAVOIARDA Lyric drama (semi-seria) in 3 acts, libretto by
F. Guidi. Premiere: Concordia Theater, Cremona, Jan. 19,
1861. Revised as Lina, reworked libretto by C. D'Ormeville.
Premiere: Dal Verme Theater, Milan, Nov. 17, 1877.
- RODERIGO, RE DEI GOTI Lyric drama in 3 acts, Libretto by F. Guidi,
after R. Southey's Roderick. Premiere: Municipal
Theater, Piacenza, Dec. 26, 1863.
- LA VERGINE DI KERMO Group project, libretto by F. Guidi,
Performed: Concordia Theater, Cremona, Feb. 22, 1870.
- IL PARLATORE ETERNO 'Scherzo Comico' written for baritone, A.
Pini-Corsi, libretto by A Ghislanzoni. Premiere: Teatro
Sociale, Lecco, Oct. 18, 1863.
- I LITHUANI Lyric drama in a prologue and 3 acts, after A.
Mickiewicz' Konrad Wallenrod. Premiere: La Scala,
Milan, Mar. 6, 1874. Revised: La Scala, Mar. 6, 1875.
- I MORI DI VALENZA Lyric drama in 4 acts, Libretto by A.
Ghislanzoni after E. Scribe's Piquillo Alliaga. Begun
in 1874, completed by Annibale Ponchielli and A. Cadore.
Premiere: Opera, Monte Carlo, Mar. 17, 1914.
- LA GIOCONDA
Lyric drama in 4 acts, libretto by 'Tobia Gorrio'
aka A. Boito, after V. Hugo's Angelo, Tyrant of Padua.
Premier: La Scala, Milan, April 8, 1876. Revised:
Rossini Theater, Venice, Oct. 18, 1876. Revised:
definitive version, La Scala, Milan, Feb. 12, 1880.
- IL FIGLIUOL PRODIGO Melodrama in 4 acts, libretto by A. Zanardini
after E. Scribe. Premiere: La Scala, Milan, Dec. 26, 1880.
- MARION DELORME Melodrama in 4 acts, Libretto by E. Golisciani
after V. Hugo's 'Marion de Lorme.' Premiere: La Scala,
Milan, March 17, 1885.
contributed by Maria Nockin
Monday, 08-Dec-2003 21:45:49 PST