ALPHONSE ROYER & GUSTAVE VAEZ / GAETAN DONIZETTI
Lucie de Lammermoor
Notes on the Libretto
The transcription of the libretto is based on a copy of the
Nouvelle Édition published by Calmann Lévy, Paris, in 1910.
The layout approximates that of the published libretto. Line numbers
have been added, and obvious typographical errors have been corrected
- Title Page: The accepted date for the premiere is 6 August 1839, not
that given in the libretto.
- Part I, Line 22: orig. Ravenswod.
- Part I, Line 42: the words Et par and sers tous are
illegible in the original.
- Part I, Line 62a: orig. entand.
- Part I, Lines 86, 90, 189: no periods in orig.
- Part II, Scène I: orig. ASTON.
- Part II, Line 105: orig. Sauvons.
- Part II, Scène V: orig. Scène X.
- Part III, Line 9: period rather than comma in orig.
- Part III, Line 121: the initial L is illegible in orig.
- Part III, Line 137: no period in orig.
- Part IV, Lines 46, 47: the assignment of these lines to the chorus is
missing in orig.
Richard S. Bogart 2004
17 Jan 2005